Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sometimes, I forget that I'm a girl, and then...











(ice cream cone brooches, 1986)

"Jewelry is not only about carats and diamonds," said [jewelry historian and curator of the Bulgari vintage collection Amanda] Triossi, "it's also about design - a work of art in its own right, which is why it should be featured in a museum."

The Art of Bulgari: La Dolce Vita & Beyond, 1950-1990.

Show opens Saturday and runs through Feb. 17, 2014. M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, S.F.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger fenchurch said...

Not a jewelry kind of gal, but I do love food.

September 17, 2013 at 12:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger fenchurch said...

Not a jewelry kind of gal, but I do love food.

September 17, 2013 at 12:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Trevor said...

It's a weird balance between aesthetics and politics wherein half of me is, "omg those are beautiful I am so glad they exist and the other half being like these continue to prop up a system that is inherently unbalanced (in favor of the wealthy)." But I enjoy the tension between the two and love fashion nonetheless, so let's go!

September 17, 2013 at 4:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home