Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I generally stay away from the whole "San Francisco has changed, techbros suck (but, c'mon, ugh), the soul of the City is disappearing" whine, even though it's almost impossible to NOT moan about in some way the many aspects of this changing cultural landscape, especially as it morphs from queer refuge to bourgeois fortress.

But today it really really struck me how staid and boring and above all CURATED San Francisco has become.

Of course, I also feel the need to caution myself about the inevitable and natural nostalgia of the more reckless days of my youth, but I can't help but feel like the City was an organism that screamed I AM ALIVE much more convincingly even just 10 years ago, not to mention when I was discovering it 25 years ago as a small-town girl who knew this was a place to which was worth escaping.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

great post! and a perfect song to match!

June 23, 2015 at 11:19:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home